Saturday, July 28, 2007

McDonald's

It was one of those days. There I was, minding my own business, on my way to do grocery shopping at four thirty, when wham! A Big Mac attack.



For the first time in my life, I gave in gracefully and just enjoyed the splurge. Actually it really didn't taste as good as the craving led me believe it would, but you know cravings...they promise you the world, and never deliver...much like a handsome man with an IQ of 96. In hindsight, eating a Big Mac in a parking lot really isn't worthy of the cost - 23 points. Next time, I want candlelight and wine before I put out like that!



Now, before WW I would have totally berated myself for this splurge for days. But yesterday? Breakfast was 3 points, and lunch was also 3 points, so it was an absolutely guilt free indulgence! Before WW I would have eaten the same thing, but the mental attitude would have been so much different. I really wonder if following this program faithfully does something chemically to your brain, because it seems to me that I am eating much more than I ever did, and basically cooking the same things the same way. But, on the other hand, even if you make one small 'mistake' a day, the pounds can creep up and pounce! And I do notice that the level in the olive oil bottle has not gone down as much this month! There haven't been any notable sacrifices. Just small changes, barely noticeable.



So, today I started off "large" with a one egg + one white mushroom omelet. Lunch will be a smoked turkey sandwich, and tonight we have an invitation to dine with friends, so I have no idea what we will be eating, but my guess is "well"! After a month on program, I think I can manage "guesstimates" for one evening. I always overestimate to be on the safe side though, and when push comes to shove, having diabetes makes a reason for my idiosyncrasies at the table. So, my 'no thanks' to seconds is taken seriously the first time, and not eating my pie crust won't raise a single eyebrow! You have to make everything work for you in this life!

No comments: