Monday, August 20, 2007

I think I am 'getting' this lifestyle thing...

It's like I have been running to catch a train for years. After finally catching it, I can sit down, and draw in that first deep breath. I realize that I have a long journey ahead of me, but I can now just relax and enjoy it. After all, I am on the right track...it is only a matter of time before I get to my destination.

This program has worked for a lot of people, so why not me? Why reinvent the wheel for everything in my life? Although I find it difficult to imagine that eating this much can actually help me to lose weight, I have given over all control to the program. I track my points diligently, and record every morsel. If I bite it, I write it. In the almost six weeks I have been on program, I have only gone over my weekly budget once. In the grand scheme of things, going over a few points, is not a big deal. But it would have derailed me, if I had thrown my hands up in the air and given up! I am hoping that unclaimed activity points will absolve me of any food sin that I may inadvertently commit.

In the end, I think this is about commitment. Just like I eventually found the right man, I have finally found the right 'train'! Now it is all about sticking around and making him work! Errr....I meant "it"! Ehhhh, whatever.

No comments: