Saturday, September 29, 2007

Home again, home again....

And so very thankful we made it back in one piece. People were complete idiots on the road yesterday. At one point, some lunatic came careening down our side of the highway in a U-Haul truck towing a car ....thank goodness the shoulder was paved, and we could get out of this maniac's way. Almost had a drastic instant weight loss.

A few towns later, a van pulled out of an intersection in front of us...I had my nose in my book so I just looked up in time to see the van as we swerved to avoid it. Must be the full moon, because these people were real "howlers"! We finally did make it safely home, although not in time to go to the grocery store. So, tuna casserole, Greek salad, with sides of green beans and baby carrots made our supper last night. Not bad for a 'throw together out of nothing'! And, all within points, too. I just had a bit of casserole, and loaded up on the salad and veggies. Thank goodness today is Saturday, and we will have the afternoon to catch up on things around the house...I am not sure if I want to go to Costco, though! I hate shopping in a crowd, but shopping at the end of the month guarantees shoulder to shoulder buggy traffic at the big C. Think I will sit this one out, unless the craving for apples drives me to it.....

No comments: