Saturday, October 13, 2007

The only difference


between a good hair cut and a bad one is two weeks....I am so hoping that is true! I have "helmet" hair...oh woe is me. Ah well. There are worse things in life! And better.
For supper tonight, I made a chicken breast with potato and asparagus all in the same ovenware dish. I am so impressed with these Temp-tation baking dishes! I have never had such nice results from a humble casserole! Who would have thought that one dish could be so different from any other? I should have paid closer attention to the sales pitch when these were featured on the shopping channel to see exactly why they do such a good job, because they are great. I just ordered them because I thought they looked like good serving pieces! Well, little did I know that pretty could work too!
I sprayed the dish with Pam, added the food, placed in a 375ยบ oven, and in about 30 minutes - voila! A complete meal! There is such a difference between using Corningware and these! The chicken was juicy, and the potatoes were perfectly golden, evenly cooked and delicious. I added a few spears of asparagus over the meat and potatoes, and it cooked to crisp tender in the last ten minutes. I just coated the spears with a little oil (put the oil on my hands and rolled them around until they were just nicely coated. Didn't take much oil at all to give a nice glisten...just a few drops...of course fresh ground pepper and a good hit of Kosher salt, over all!) I have been meaning to take a picture of some of the things I have cooked in these dishes, but the food is so irresistable when it comes out of the oven, I just want to eat it! But here is a picture of them empty! A good way to get a full meal on the table quickly when you just don't feel like fussing. Sure tastes like you did though!

No comments: