Thursday, November 22, 2007

Flu shot

Yesterday. Didn't even think about getting it, but went to see my Doc for the three month blood letting, electrode and drug store list - before I knew it, it was done. As usual, the research came later! I really hadn't considered myself "one of the elderly", and had managed just fine without it for all of these years so it wasn't even resident in my front brain.

  1. The shot is not made with a live virus, so it doesn't give you the "flu". (comforting)
  2. What I call the flu is likely a cold. http://www.gettheflushot.ca/public/about_fluvaccine_facts.html
  3. I have had to admit that I am not dealing with a full deck regarding health or else I would have had to pay for it. Sigh.

This morning, I tried a Thomas' English Muffin that we bought while in the US a while back. SOOOO good! 100 calories, 1 gm of fat and 5 gms of fibre. I made a fried egg, and used Cheese Whiz to "butter" the muffing. Sooooo good! I left the egg just a little moist, and dipped it in ketchup...mmmmm good! Speaking of which, PC has changed their absolutely delish ketchup to this sugary mess - I am on our last bottle of the good stuff, and will have to find another brand, or doctor it up to suit. I hate a sweet ketchup but prefer the tang that PC had...so, I guess Heinz with a little vinegar added will have to do. Why do they always have to mess with the good things in life?

No comments: