Thursday, November 15, 2007

Ground Turkey

I have two more packages of the stuff and don't know what to do with it. I tried making a meatloaf today, and it was awful. I tossed it, and made lasagne instead. The bad news was, I had to make supper twice, but the good news was the lasagne was terrific! I made it with spinach, thinly sliced turkey pepperoni, mushrooms, cottage cheese, and the Italiano blend of shredded cheese...too easy! I made it in a square pan, and "reduced" each one of the noodles by a couple of inches to fit...I used a canned sauce and "doctored it" up, and I mixed the cottage cheese, shredded cheese and romano together with an egg to give it body. If I do say so myself, it was good! I couldn't get over the fact that a nice generous piece was only five points! The problem was though, that I came in five points shy for the day, because I was stuffed, and couldn't eat another bite. A sided benefit was that I discovered that turkey pepperoni makes a good lunch! Very portable with a diet pop, too!

I can see how this can easily become a lifestyle, once you accept that you have the right to eat regularly, like the rest of the human race! Ah, life is good.

No comments: