Friday, November 23, 2007

Hanging at the same weight....

can drive a person balmy. But, I keep telling myself to work the program....I watch every bite, so there is no room for error there....sigh. Just one of those flat line times I guess. When I woke up this morning, I had a mandarin orange first thing, to give me enough sugar to hit the shower, and make it to the kitchen. Of course when I got there, the creativity was surging through my freshly scrubbed self, so, for breakfast this morning, I made half of a baked potato, cut up into cubes, browned in a Pam sprayed pan with a teaspoon of butter and a sprinkling of onion powder. When they were nice and crispy on one side, I flipped them over, and pushed them to the edges of the pan to make a circle. I broke an egg into the circle, and when the white was firm, just kinda squished the yolk to make sure it was warmed through, and spread around a bit. Washed it all down with a glass of skim milk, it made such a nice change!

I am hoping that cutting out bread will do the trick as eating anything made with flour has a tendency to really cause digestive issues and bloating - hmmmm. Guess that is what happens when you eat something you know you have an intolerance for, aye? LOL Between you and me, I can not feature life without flour, and until it makes me break out in huge painful welts, I can live with the digestive repercussions in order to savour the flavour!

No comments: