Monday, February 4, 2008

Back to the land of the living...

After fighting with this cold thing for so long, I was beginning to wonder if I would ever see the outside world again! It was all I could do to keep myself relatively clean and fed...nicities were left by the wayside weeks ago. But, today? I actually got out of the house and to the grocery store - I was desperate for oranges. Being the discriminating shopper I am, I just grabbed the first bag that looked "right" and was so surprised at these beauties when I got them home. (Rick is away, so supper tonight was two oranges and some pretzel sticks...eaten together in alternating bites, it just does it for me!) In the interest of providing you with this information, I just cut up another one for a snack, so I could take a picture ...so sweet and good! But I digress. I have been trying to make good choices on a meal by meal basis, but with all the laying around, I feel as if I have gained fifty pounds.
When I was having a good hour the other day, I made a tourtiere....thank goodness for the internet, because I found the most wonderful recipe! When our supper was done, I immediately sent the leftovers to a pie-of-any-kind loving friend! Turns out, that it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, and was it filling! Didn't have any desire to eat a single bite after supper, which was a good thing, since I didn't have a single point left to spend on a snack! Sometimes you just need something a little decadant to get you on your feet - and cheering! Out of consideration for your efforts to stay on the straight and narrow, I won't post the recipe, as I don't want to be responsible for your demise. But, should you have a dinner party, with five friends to share, let me know! Every once in awhile, I stumble on a recipe that is so good it tastes and looks like I didn't make it! This is one of those recipes. With a side salad, this savoury pie made a wonderfully elegant supper.
So, there you have it. My life in a nutshell. Or should I say a nuthatch?

No comments: