Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Oh oh...

So. I THOUGHT I had eaten enough lunch yesterday, but when I got out and about, I soon discovered (via dizziness and weakness - not a pleasant thing when you are trying to do your shopping) that my blood sugar was far too low. So, off to MacDonald's we went. Closest and quickest restaurant, and the most deadly, I may add. Much to my surprise, when I checked out the nutritional info? It was well within my points. I had to use a few Flex points, but for emergency use, Micky D's is okay. Isn't that amazing? (If you were to drop the cheese, and half the fries, a Big Mac meal would be 15 points.) Of course, when my sugar gets low, I get clumsy, so I literally dropped half of my medium fries. Bonus! I still had enough, and it was only four points. The burger was 13 points. I tried to drink as much water as I could when I got home, but the scales still showed a pound increase. Thank goodness hubby is out to a dinner meeting tonight. That will make it easy to have a simple supper - even if it is all by myself.

Yesterday's menu:
Breakfast: toast & butter, 2 eggs, skim milk
Lunch: 1 cup of tomato soup, Wasa Fibre Crispbread and Cheez Whiz
Snack: Big Mac, 1/2 medium fries
Supper: carrots, peas in the pod, Helluva Good Dip (2 T)
Snack: Healthy Choice ice cream bar...not as good as Skinny Cow, but they were on sale at Costco!

No comments: