Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sunday Night

And all is well...now that is! I have been a veritable eating machine today. I started the day off with my usual breakfast of eggs, toast and skim milk, had a nap, and then a lunch consisting of a cheese sandwich and two cups of cherries. BUT the trouble came at supper time, when the lure of the barbecue got to me! So, two PC Blue menu burgers later (with Wonder buns)left me with very few Flex points left for the week. Trouble is, I promptly ate two Cadbury thin bars for dessert...who knew the mint variety was so compelling? The phrase "May as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb" is hanging in the air!

I imagine I will duck back into the kitchen for some more cherries and a big glass of water when I am done this update. Some days, you are much hungrier than others...one day last week, I had a ton of points left over for the day, and didn't have any desire to eat them! So, it just goes to show that the only thing you can ever be sure of is change.

It really doesn't matter if this happens. If you keep track of your points, the program works. In my experience, the times I have gone over a bit, are the times I seem to lose. Do they build in a 'fudge factor' to the totals they give you? Do they think that we won't measure every morsel and record it? The one thing I love about the online program is that it is easy to keep track of every bit without flipping through books and constant addition. It would just mess things up royally if I didn't keep track accurately. I also love the comfort zone that Flex points give me...I can slip out of the traces without worrying. Tomorrow is another day, and I am sure I will be on the straight and narrow once more. But for now? I will continue on with a little belch and a smile.

No comments: