Saturday, August 30, 2008

Another Saturday Night

Wild partying? Nope. Painting! Rick painting. I wonder how many calories watching him burns? I have done little jobs, like cleaning all the painting tools and scrubbing every radiator cover in the house. They are stowed away safely, ready to be returned to their respective places, surrounded by nice new carpeting. I also packed up my bookshelves this morning. Amazing how three long shelves of books can fit into two bankers boxes! On his way home from yet another trip for tools to Home Depot, Rick tempted me with an offer of a Pizza Hut pizza. Thank heavens I had a Dr.Oeteker Spinach pizza in the freezer ready to go - he got his pizza and I got a break! It is only 220 calories per 1/4 pie, so the damage was negligable. Could account for the missing nutrients though, because you can buy a lot of meat and vegetables for 440 calories.

Preparing fruit has always been a bugaboo with me. Since buying myself a "Nicer Dicer" this chore isn't so bad. And is it ever nice to have all of the strawberries and cantaloupe nicely diced and ready for consuming in the frig. I had a cup of strawberries for supper, and just polished off a cup of Tuscan melon. MMMM good. And so very nicely diced, I may add. I love the 'even' bites!

For the past few days, I have been researching various nutrients and what they do for you. A simplified source of information is at www.nutristrategy.com/nutrition/potassium.htm Well, after playing nutrient detective, it turns out that I am consistantly low in potassium, magnesium and pantothenic acid. So, I will have to increase my dairy and meat intake a bit. Guess those Swiss Delice will have to be lavished on visiting skinny people!

When I did the calorie calculations in detail, I found that in order to reach my goals, I need to have 1444 calories a day, give or take activity points, or treats. That is a lot less than the amount that WW allowed, with points, and Flex points. Could explain a lot of things. Another change I have made, is to filtered water rather than distilled. My skin is improving noticably as well, so it leads me to wonder if I was missing a few trace minerals. Winnipeg water, at times, has enough stuff in it to be considered a food group, but this handy dandy water filter takes out the obvious grunge and leaves the trace minerals. And, of course, the taste is good. No chlorine smell or taste, either.

My menu today was:
Breakfast: 2 eggs, 2 slices of whole wheat bread, 2 tsp of butter, 1 T Cheez Whiz, 1 glass of milk

Lunch: 1/4 cup of pitted prunes

Supper: 1/2 Dr.Oetaker Spinach Pizza, 1 cup of strawberries and 1/2 cup of 2% cottage cheese

Snack: 1 cup of cantaloupe, 2 Swiss Delice chocolates.

No comments: