Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Carpeting is done, and so am I....

What a day. It took them all day to do the carpet, and what a good job they did! If anybody needs the name of a good installer, I will gladly recommend these young fellows. I am so pleased, even though the kitchen has been out of commission all day, with no hope for tomorrow!

Today just does not count. We had lunch at McDonald's ~ I had a Big Mac and 1/2 of the fries that came in Rick's "Big Mac Meal" - Is that large or medium? Please tell me it is medium, because there is more bad coming! For supper....which was about 9 o'clock tonight by the time we did our Home Depot run and had time to think about food...we went to Tim's and had an everything bagel with herb & garlic cream cheese. No butter. Actually, I asked for it on the side, thinking that was how the cream cheese came, but no, they put the cream cheese on the bagel, and then gave me butter! LOL No logic there, folks. Anyway, I am tired to the bone, and although it wasn't the best day for me food wise? It wasn't toooo bad. 2049 calories for the day. Supposedly, I burn 2300+ by just existing, breathing, not moving a muscle. These long workdays are killing me, so I imagine there is some benefit in activity points? I shouldn't have had those almonds. Good as they are for you? They punch the dickins out of your calorie tally! As for the fast food? The salt alone will make me blow up like a whale. I don't know what the attraction to Big Macs is lately but it isn't good. I can go for ages without a BMA (Big Mac Attack, not a bodily function) but then? I become a repeat offender. It seems to me I just did this a minute ago...

Anyway, that was my day. Hauling furniture and packing it into the kitchen at the last minute, clearing out lower rods of the closets and storing clothes wherever else in the house there was room...but the results? Are going to be worth it. Rick has our room painted completely and all I need to do is order some blinds. The samples are coming within a week, so by the first of October we should be in business. More furniture shuffling and general tidying tomorrow. Did I say the carpeting looks good? Tahitian Sand. It really is the colour of sand, as it's name implies. Who knew?

No comments: