Monday, September 22, 2008

A spoonful of butter...

I made an exciting discovery today. There are certain things that you just don't do when you are watching your calories. Like putting butter on your crackers when you are having soup, or cream cheese on your crackers for a snack. Well, being the rebel that I am, I wanted butter with my crackers this dark and rainy day. So, on my plate, with my portion of crackers, I put a teaspoon of precisely measured butter, still in the spoon! I expected to have a few dry crackers when it was gone, but to my surprise, and normal buttering techniques? It covered all NINE crackers!(whole wheat Premium Plus) and made my simple cup of canned vegetable soup into a dining experience! So, tonight when it came to snack time? Out came the cream cheese. 30 calories for a Tablespoon. I literally slathered it onto eight "fancy" rosemary and garlic crackers, for another tasty sensation. The moral of the story is, how many things in life do we pass by, because they have too many calories, or cost too much or some other reason? If a simple teaspoon of butter or a tablespoon of cream cheese can make you happy? Why say no? Count it and enjoy it!

Early morning emergency: sometimes, nomatter what you do, the sugars drop in the night, and you wake up in a clammy sweat, and desperately need sugar. So, at about four thirty this morning, I had a Hershey 100 calorie treat bar. Wish I had been concious to enjoy the whole taste, but it was sweet, and it was good!

Breakfast: one piece of toast & butter, two eggs, skim milk
Lunch: 1 cup of vegetable soup, nine crackers with butter, activia yogurt
Snack: Hershey 100 calorie bar. This time I took my time and enjoyed every minty bite!
Supper: 2 pieces of breaded haddock, lo-fat oven chips, 10 oz of plums
Snack: eight fancy crackers and cream cheese

No comments: