Monday, September 1, 2008

Sunday

Will this demolition never end???? It is like trying to cook in a war zone!

Menu:
Breakfast:
2 eggs, toast & butter, skim milk, 1 T of cheese whiz

Lunch: 1 cup of diced potatoes with bits of yellow pepper, onion and 1 1/2 tsp of olive oil. Roasted in the oven and served with 1/2 cup of cottage cheese. MMMM good. 1 cup of diced cantaloupe for dessert.

Supper out:
6 oz bison steak, 2 cups of salad with 1 T dressing, small square of foccacia bread, 3 oz of wine, asparagus 1/3 of a piece of a fantastic layer cake with raspberries from Le Grotto or some such name.... I am not usually tempted, but those raspberries...paired with a chocolate layer cake....how strong does a woman have to be? I started with my usual thievery of Rick's portion, but ended up taking three bites. Then, after declining a portion of my own? Succumbed to the lure of the raspberries, and took three bites out of that piece, and passing it on to Rick...who has the nerve to polish it all off with no guilt at all!

Snack: 1 cup of cantaloupe

So, I managed to stay on target. Tomorrow will be the push to get things in order before the carpeting arrives, so who knows what I will throw together? I made two chicken breasts to have on hand when I was doing the veggie lunch, so at least there is quick protein available.

No comments: