Sunday, October 19, 2008

Cheese glorious cheese!

We were invited for dinner, but the real treat was cheese and grapes served with a big cold glass of water before the meal. It has been so long since I had cheese that I felt like a mouse in the Kraft factory. This was a sharp cheddar that was just delish. Needless to say, I did cut down on the serving of lasagne, and didn't eat the crust of my pumpkin pie. My friends understand my peculiarities, and let me be, thank goodness. But every little bit counts when you are saving calories.

Breakfast: 2 eggs, toast & butter, skim milk

Lunch: toast & butter, 1 oz of cheese, diet root beer

Supper: Cheese - those little slices added up to about 2 ounces I would think, about a half cup of grapes, some concord, some green, 2x4 slice of lasagne and a soupbowl of salad - and I forgot the bread....oh, the bread...a slice of cheese bread...there is a recurring theme here isn't there? And to top it all off? A big piece of pumpkin pie, but I didn't eat the crust!

I will be crying the blues about all this cheese tomorrow, I am sure!

No comments: