Sunday, November 16, 2008

Ah, the good life....

I could never understand people that didn't love being home. After running the roads for over two weeks, I am more than content with the simple things. My own bed, my own kitchen....this morning, I had two lovely eggs, and three slices of that precooked bacon stuff. Two slices are eighty calories, and what a nice taste sensation it is - for 120 calories, I am good to go until supper time, because of the bit of extra protein, and fat. Managing diabetes is odd, because fat and protein are your friends, but a glass of orange juice can send me through the roof!

Breakfast: 2 eggs, rye toast & butter, three slices of bacon and two cups of coffee...nummmmy~

Lunch: Who wants it? It is 12:20 and I am still full.

Supper: Planning on baking a chicken breast, and making a caesar salad. Strawberries with a dollop of cottage cheese and a sprinkling of brown sugar Splenda for dessert.

Snack: oranges adn pretzels


It isn't quite winter here yet, so today's focus is on getting the patio furniture into the garage, and covering the barbeque. I will worry about cleaning it in the spring. Last year, I just had to do it all over again anyway, and if there is one thing I have learned since officially being a Gramma, is that energy is not to be wasted. Why spend time double cleaning when there are more interesting things to do, like contemplating your navel....

No comments: