Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Had my little fling...

after two years, and such slow results, I took a break from recording every little detail. Big mistake. I have the poundage to prove it .... but over the last few days, I finally have gotten back into the routine of recording, and more importantly, planning what I eat. In fact? I made a menu plan for the next two weeks. Of course there are minor changes, because life happens, but for the most part, I have followed the plan since Sunday. If you would like to see it, just drop me a note, and I will send it to you...It took me a bit of time to put together, but I had a couple of goals in mind. First, I wanted to change up my breakfasts, perhaps finding a lower calorie alternative to my usual two eggs, toast, butter and milk. For instance, yesterday we had oatmeal, one egg, and one slice of toast, and it worked really well. This morning, I made scrambled eggs (one whole egg, one white per person) and 3/4 cup of Cheerios. I want to see the difference between the dry cereal and the hot oatmeal in staying power. Usually, a light lunch such as veggies and dip, or soup will be enough to keep going until supper, unless it is a particularly hungry day!

So, here is hoping I will be more disciplined in the coming months, to spite the disheartening results. I catch the testimonials of people who have lost "78 pounds in 7 months" and just smack my forehead. I have been counting, measuring and in general being a food Nazi for two years, and I have a lousy little bit of loss. But I guess that is how it has to be. At least I am giving my skin lots of time to shrink to fit!

No comments: