Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Monday is gone...

but left quite the impression on my digestive tract! We started the day with our usual simple egg and toast breakfast, moved on to a stir fry for lunch...with chicken wings. OH MY were they good. Not too much damage done, as there were six wings in the package. I put together a sauce out of the dregs of a few sauce bottles in the frig, and I must say, it was successful.

We had a snack/supper at about nine...once again? Those hummus avocado wraps hit the spot. This time, I added a slice of deli chicken and a strip of sweet red pepper in the center - that worked really well. Next time though, I think I will add a bit more crunch! With a side serving of veggies and dip, we went to bed very well fed indeed! I have been making a concentrated effort to include more vegetables in our diet, and have done it very successfully this grocery period. There are a few scraps left in the refrigerator, but we have managed to munch our way through quite a variety of green, red, orange and white produce! I have just enough produce left to see us through the next two days! Just for the record, I am going to list the produce I bought last week:

large bag of Spinach
head of cauliflower
broccoli, large bunch
2 lbs carrots
large flat of mushrooms
onions
4 potatoes
bag of sugar snap peas
6 heads of romaine
8 long sweet red peppers
4 lemons
6 avocados
navel oranges
apples
3 English cucumbers
eight Roma tomatoes

I have a few scraps of carrots, peas, cauliflower and broccoli left in my crudite keeper, half a bag of spinach and three heads of romaine, three peppers, 2 cucumbers, 3 avocados and 1 lemon left...and for some strange reason we haven't touched the apples. Probably because they were under everything else.

Tonight we are having steak and salad. Simple, quick and oh so good. Greek salad, to be exact. My fav! Hmmmm...it is all my fav!

No comments: