Thursday, April 16, 2009

Slugs

have more energy than I have had lately! We have been on the road, had visitors, and now I have a cold. Oh joy. But I did manage to get my menu plan together for the coming week. That makes such a difference. Basically, when I feel the urge to eat, I go to the frig, look at the menu plan and get going. Otherwise? I nibble my way through things I ought not, and still end up hungry. This way? I know there is a balance in there somewhere!

There is an added benefit of saving money, as well. It is amazing how short my grocery list was this week. As a treat, I bought a humungous container of cottage cheese at Costco, and had a bowl of strawberries and cottage cheese for supper tonight. Cottage cheese is my comfort food. My ULTIMATE comfort food. I like it with baked potatoes, or with fresh fruit. Rick had leftover scalloped potatoes with cottage cheese, so we were both well fed easily! Tommorrow is the start of the menu plan so it worked out pretty well. Fruit and cottage cheese makes a great meal for about the same "cost" as soup and crackers, so I imagine I will be substituting a bit here and there until the container of cottage cheese is gone!

Here we go: (Breakfast, lunch, supper, snack)

April 16 to April 21
Thursday 19
eggs, toast, butter, milk
vegetable soup, crackers
mashed potatoes, roast chicken, peas & carrots strawberries
Friday 20
mushroom omelette with cheese, milk, bacon
chicken soup & crackers
hot chicken sandwich,peas oven fries/gravy
veggie platter/dip

Saturday 21
eggs, toast, butter, milk
Assembly lunch of sandwich, veggies and fruit, Fibre One Bar
OPEN ( restaurant or pantry supper)
cheese/crackers/orange

Sunday 22
cereal & milk
bacon and tomato sandwich
Shepherd's Pie/Green Salad
Fibre One Bar/Fruit
Monday 23
eggs, toast, butter, milk
Tossed salad with canned red salmon
Pork Tenderloin/Roasted Vegetables/Rice
Goldfish crackers/orange

Tuesday 24
eggs, toast& butter, bacon
Cheese & Crackers
Fish with Cream Sauce/Baby Potatoes & Vegetables

OPEN snack (movie night)
Wednesday 25
poached eggs on toast
soup & crackers
Stir Fry with noodles
ice cream bar

No comments: