Monday, May 4, 2009

Definitely feeling better...

and my appetite is coming back. We had bison burgers for supper again tonight, and they were just as good as yesterday's! I managed to dust the bedroom, too, and didn't have a nap this afternoon, as much as I desperately wanted to.....life in the fast lane in the city - NOT! I even attempted a closet clear out. After taking every item out of my closet with the intention of an doing an extreme purge, I hung absolutely everything back in the closet. I just didn't have the energy to do it today. All was not in vain, though, as my nighties and shirts are now arranged according to colour and sleeve length....sigh. Tomorrow is another day.

I ordered some new white Capri's
from my favourite US shopping channel. I have a pair of khaki ones that I wore all last summer, so I thought white would be nice as well, and go with a few rogue shirts I have. They have a touch of spandex, and are just the right fit, so I am hoping there hasn't been too much of a change in the cut or fabrication. Shipping things back and forth is costly, to put it mildly. But, you have to do what you have to do to present yourself attractively to the world, right? I am one of those people that wear 20% of the clothes in my closet, and no matter how severely I purge, the ratio of clothes that I don't wear remains the same. I pick my favourites, and somehow totally blank the rest out. You really must ask yourself why you even keep the stuff, because if you don't wear it new and now, when will you wear it? I never seem to go back in time to pick something to wear, and nothing dates a woman faster than a wardrobe that matches her last years lipstick and hairstyle. Speaking of which, I am due for a cut, and since it is spring, it is time to shear this sheep. I am looking forward to a short choppy chopped look for the summer. Cool, and easy care hair!

I really must get busy tomorrow and make a menu for the next week...although, I could just recycle the menu plan that was shelved when I got sick...hmmm...that could work....hmmm...guess I will start fresh! It will give me a reason to get out of the house, and back into the world. Tomorrow....tomorrow....maybe....

No comments: