Saturday, June 13, 2009

Gone but not forgotten....

The ever present battle of the blood sugars rages within me. I have been trying to cut back, and when I do, the numbers rise to an alarming height. So, this weeks mission was to try to eat at the right times, and the right things. Not necessarily what works for one will work for another. Nor does what sounds "right" always be right. Case in point, yesterday's menu:

2 eggs, 1 slice of toast, 2 slices of "quick" bacon (don't freak..it is only 80 calories for the two, and quick as wink, too) Milk

2 or those little packages of cheese, cheddar. Okay, here is the story on that one. I was cleaning my purse, and there they were...evidence of a great breakfast offered by our hotel in Regina....and it was almost noon....

After shopping, I had one fresh, fresh peach, a personal sized bag of Cheesies.

Suppertime rolled around and knowing that I would be going out with Rick when he got home, I had leftover salmon on a piece of bread with a diet grapefruit pop.

At nine? We found ourselves in Applebee's sharing a plain burger and fries, and yep...get ready...a GMD...icy cold and so wicked!

And the moral of the story is that my sugars this morning were lower than they have been all week. Still too high, but it just goes to show, cutting back to very little is never a good plan. Sigh. Sure makes it hard to lose though.

So onward and upward.

No comments: