Saturday, August 22, 2009

Carrot cake for lunch...

There is something to be said for going gluten free...number one? Every Saturday we go to Lorenzo's to buy their fresh baking. Today I went before lunch, and picked up a little tiny carrot cake - a mini loaf actually, a blueberry pie, a dozen tart shells, two pie crusts and the basic staples that I needed. I have never had so many treats in the house at once! Possibly because they made me sick to eat, so I just eliminated them. Well, welcome back calories! I do make an effort to eat treats in moderation but when everyone else is chowing down on muffins at coffee break through the week? I have only to think of my trip to Lorenzo's on Saturdays to bring a smile to my face!

Our menus have been quite interesting of late, but not worth writing down. Ribs at ten at night after a shopping trip to Costco, fish and potatoes with cream sauce were a couple of treats we had this week. Trouble is, that since two people need one rack of ribs, not four, I have a huge bag of ribs left over...just may freeze them for later use. The freezer is bulging, because I still make a weekly pilgrimage to Costco, even if we aren't here to consume our purchases. Soon the snow will be falling and I will be glad to have well stocked freezers this winter!

My weight is dropping, but slowly. I have come to realize that this is just the way it goes. I don't have a clue how people can lose a hundred pounds in a matter of months and still maintain their health. I for one can not live on five hundred calories a day. Been there, done that. Won't do it again.

So thank you for stopping by. Since I purchased a new laptop, I won't be computerless while we are travelling, and hopefully I will keep up the entries.

Menu for today:

Breakfast: two scrambled eggs, Barkat cracker bread (1) with butter, glass of skim milk and coffee

Lunch: glass of skim milk and 1/2 mini loaf carrot cake. Equivilant to a 2x2 slice WITH ICING!!!NUM!

Supper: baked chicken breast with tossed salad

Snacks: peaches, peaches, peaches!

No comments: