Monday, January 11, 2010

Two more sleeps!

And we will be on our way. So little time to do so much! Today I am going for my pedicure, and will spend the evening ironing and deciding what exactly to take. The recent changes in aircraft luggage rules really spoiled all of my plan of taking just one carry on bag. Ah well. The best laid plans of mice and men....

Breakfast: GF English muffin, peanut butter on one half, two eggs over easy, skim milk

Lunch: woops! Forgot.

Supper: six little potatoes with a cup of cottage cheese and 2 tsp of butter, skim milk

Snack: a turtle

I heard a doctor on TV the other day say that hovering or being at a plateau with your weight is a good thing. Well, okay, but for how long? I noticed a slight drop in weight today, but not a significant one. I want to see the digits drop by tens - I ALMOST saw it this morning. Tomorrow morning Rick will wake up to the call of "SHOW MAMA A NINE!!!!" as I roll onto the scale! It really is like shooting craps, this weight loss business.

I am not anticipating a great weight gain from the cruise, since there will be lots of fruits and vegetables to snack on, and I have resolved not to drink ANYTHING other than water, and skim milk in the morning. It is far too easy to pack on the pounds without even noticing. They say the average person will gain two pounds per day of cruise. Well, twenty pounds? Yikes! I don't think so! This has been too long a road with minimum losses over maximum time, to risk gaining it over again! My game plan is to eat a good breakfast, eat bit for lunch and just nibble at supper. I am sure I will be able to walk off the lunch! The variety of foods on offer is mind boggling, and to not partake and enjoy is unthinkable, but here again, it is all about choices. Ah, the road to hell is paved with good intentions....

No comments: