Friday, March 19, 2010

Hog heaven is where I am....

Tonight, I had two sandwiches for supper. Uh huh! Yes I did. Little bread, though! I tried this new loaf from Ener-G, that wasn't frozen, and it toasted up almost like real bread! So, with half a tomato, four slices of bacon and some Miracle Whip? I was well on the way to blissed out in minutes!

Today was our gluten free shopping day. What a pain. We travel across the city Meyers Drugs, where they have the most wonderful selection of goodies. They brought in a few new things, so of course, I nabbed them to try, as well as the standards I have come to know and love. Sugar & cinnamon sprinkled donuts anyone? I could almost pass these babies off as real, in dim light! LOL

So, that was my day. I haven't started my taxes, but I did make an appointment to get my hair done on Tuesday. I am leaving it to the last minute, but hopefully, it will turn out well. I want a new look, shorter, way shorter for summer. This bob business is a pain. I like the rumpled, tousled look even if I do have to wake up every morning and wash it!

Nothing else on my mind...I still haven't started my packing list for the next trip. It will be a long one, as we are in Regina for the bonspiel, then up to Thompson for a few days, without coming home. So, I will have to take every comfy traveling outfit I have...that is a lot of hours in the car. Speaking of which, we are really enjoying the new car. It has comfy, warm seats and back plus satellite radio for a trial period. That is nice when you are driving out in the boonies and can just get the fish report from northern Manitoba on the radio!

So goes life. Our big thrill for tonight is the movie Precious. I am almost afraid to watch it, as I have seen the excerpts on TV, and they are terrifying. I can better cope with a horror flick with plastic body parts that the horrible things people are capable of doing to their own children. But, onward and upward. If it doesn't kill you, you learn from it.

No comments: