Monday, July 12, 2010

Riddle me this....

Why is it, that when I "behave" myself, I gain, and when I am "bad" I don't? For the last couple of days, I have behaved, left the chips alone, not had a single sweet. AND???? This morning? The scale was up four pounds! Sigh. I will never figure this out, but still, best to keep to the high road. Maybe soon, something miraculous will happen, and I will have a four pound overnight loss! Here is the plan for today. Breakfast is already consumed!

Breakfast: sautèd spinach omelet (2 cups of spinach, 1 tsp olive oil, garlic) 2 eggs
1/2 tsp butter, 3 mushrooms, dehydrated onion (lazy this morning!) .75 oz Gouda, skim milk, coffee with coffeemate, Sugar Twin

Lunch: 1 cup of sliced strawberries, 1 GF carrot muffin, Banaa pudding, water
Snack: orange juice, 230 calories worth of fabulous mint chocolate

Supper: 6 meat balls with sauce, 1/2 cup brown rice and mushroom/cauliflower/carrot/celery medley done on the barby, sprinkled with olive oil and a dusting of parmesan


The new 16 QT stockpot has found a home, and a use. It is perfect for holding potatoes! No more spoilage. They will be happy in their new dark home! A nice touch is three small holes in the lid of the stock pot....lets in just enough air to keep fresh air circulating! We are enjoying NOT eating off the Corelle dishes. Packed them up and sent them to the basement hidey hole last night, when we brought the new ones home. The thing with dishes, is that I always tire of them, and go back to using the plain white Corelle in all its variations of size and style. So, this time? I got smart! I bought one set of four place settings. That is it! No more! So, when I tire of them (usually after hubby drops a piece or two) they will hit the "donate" pile! There is something about new china that inspires me. The luncheon plate with this set is just right to help with portion control, too! It feels really good in the kitchen these days, as I have been reorganizing and discarding a LOT of stuff. Everything is now at hand, and easy to find when needed. Now, if only I could manage my closet like I manage my kitchen....

No comments: