Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thursday and a cute skirt!

This skirt is a keeper. The print is very soft, white and beige, and will be perfect for my "travel uniform"! I had a beige cotton skirt and black Tshirt when we went to Europe, and found myself wearing it over and over again. I am hoping this one will be the same. There is a yoke, pockets and an elasticized back. The fabric is soft, and stretchy enough to be comfy! Since I do not own a waistline, it is difficult to find a good fitting skirt. This one is snug, but by the time our holidays roll around I am hoping for a bit of a downward shift in the scales. What I wouldn't give to be one of those women that loses a pound a week!


This morning, I got creative with our usual omelet. It was picture perfect, but by the time I thought of snapping a pic, it was history! Anyway, back to the omelet story. I was in the kitchen, getting out the usual ingredients...eggs, cream, spices, thinly sliced onion, small diced red pepper, and seeded, diced tomato, when I had the thought that a Greek spin on things might be interesting. Soooo, out came the Greek seasoning (yes, I am that lazy. I have Italian seasoning too!) and into the cream it went, with the eggs and a good squish of hot sauce. I let it all sit while I prepped the rest of the veggies. Following the regular method to make an omelet, I cooked the onions till translucent, then tossed the red peppers in the pan for a minute, so they maintained a nice crispish bite. Added the egg mixture, and topped with a sprinkling of Feta cheese. Under the broiler it went until puffy and golden at the edges. On one half of the omelet, I put the diced tomato mixed with some chopped parsley, and then folded the other half over, and put an ounce of shredded Gouda, just for the meltiness of it all! Back under the broiler it went until bubbly. Was it ever good! I think it just may make my list of "Top Twenty" foods!

Breakfast: Greek Omelet, skim milk, small dish of fresh strawberries and Splenda
Lunch:
Snack: 2 Laughing Cow wedges, 2 gluten free crackers, 150 calories worth of ham sausage and a V8 juice.
Supper: 2 oz of pork chop, 1/2 cup of mashed potatoes, 1/2 cup of creamed corn, apple crumble.

No comments: