Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Minimizing

I am in the midst of a great decluttering, so haven't had much time for blogging. We have a mammoth garage sale coming up, with all leftovers going out the next week to charity. Between now and then, I am going through this house with a fine tooth comb, getting rid of all items that I wouldn't want to pay to move. One has to be able to turn on a dime these days, and you just never know what may lie ahead for us.

Yesterday, I went through all of my hanging clothes in the closet. Today? Drawers, shelve and toiletries. Hmmmm. That ought to take a fair chunk of the day! Tomorrow will be the hall closet, hubby's office closet (really, my storage, if truth be told). I have done the kitchen for the most part, and then all that remains is hubby's closet. We can do that on the weekend.

Coats are a problem. I have far too many of them, and very few of them fit. Fifty pounds makes a bit of a difference in the size you need! I dread giving them up, because it is so hard to find a full length coat. Even my red quilted ski jacket is too roomy, but that one? I think I will keep till the last thread gives up, I love it so much.

Breakfast this morning was another breakfast of champions. Wavy Lay's chips and vegetable sour cream dip. Who says you have to be a saint? Sometimes I get so tired of being so strict with myself, and lately? I think I have been rebelling against nothing in particular and everything in general. A lot of meanderings off the path of late. If only chips were full of gluten I would find it easier to resist them, but as it is? They are a legal treat. I will be glad when all of them are gone...that doesn't make sense, because the longer they last, shows I am not indulging to an excess, but as long as they share my airspace they will be a meal replacement! But hey, there are people that eat bugs. I can console myself with that little factoid.

Lunch: two eggs, toasted English muffin, skim milk

Supper: stir fry made with onions, carrots, cauliflower, peppers, mushrooms and celery, topped with toasted almonds, over a cup of brown Basmati rice.

No comments: