Saturday, September 4, 2010

Friday

Another day off the chain! But this time? It is all my doctors fault. He called me in to give me the results of my tests, and a pep talk. Yes folks. This doctor sat me down and told me to stop obsessing about every bite that goes into my mouth, because it isn't my diet that is making me fat, it is ME. My cortisol levels go up when I worry, and believe me, food is a worry. Is it the right time, is it the right food, is it the right balance, is it?????? He told me to eat healthy foods, and forget about it. This is so not me. I am a calorie accountant by nature. I do not know what it is like to sit down to a meal and just not think about it. Isn't that what the diet books call mindless eating? And here is a trained professional telling me what my mother told me for years. Just eat. Sigh. There is just no winning in this racket.

Anyway, I decided to take his advice. I will always have some idea of the calorie value of my food. It is an automatic reaction to eat no more than five hundred calories at a time. Scorfing down a burger and fries is just not me. A burger, minus the bun? Yes. Fries? Yes. But not at the same time. So, to make a long story short? We went from the Dr's. office to supper. And guess what? We shared an order of fries, and I had my own small strawberry shake. I tried not to worry. Really.

Breakfast: two egg omelet, with 1/2 oz of Feta, mushrooms and 1/2 oz of Gouda melted on top. MMMM good! Skim milk, of course. Coffee.

Lunch: 1/3 of two heads of tossed romaine in oil, red wine vinegar and mustard dressing, 1/3 can of salmon, 12 almonds, 1/3 apple, water

Supper: small strawberry shake, 1/2 order of fries

Snack: GF pizza with two slices of added pepperoni, Fresca

Am I relaxed enough for ya?

No comments: