Saturday, September 18, 2010

It seems to be working....

I am not focusing on food (I am TRYING not to focus on food) and I have lost the five pounds that piled on when I was trying so hard to be "good". Well, go figure. So, I am just going to relax (yeah, right, I can do that???) and let it FLOW.....flow....flow....

Instead? What can I obsess over? Clothing? Trips? Jewellery? Oh, my. The list is never ending! LOL I am really enjoying wearing a few fall items, although it is still a tad warm for "wooly" things. Transitional. That is what this month is! You don't know whether it is winter or summer bound! The geese are making a heck of a racket tonight, so I guess that is the final word. It is fall heading to winter because the flying rats are on their trek north!

I made a pot roast tonight, for company. It looked really good, but was a tad overdone for my taste. However? I put everything on a plate, and it was gorgeous, if I do say so myself! I served it with mashed potatoes, and broiled asparagus. Simple, easy. Strawberry upside down cake for dessert. We bought groceries today, which was a bit foolish, since we won't be home for ages, but it does give me a sense of security knowing that there is ample food in the house for an oncoming blizzard. You just never know when you may be snowed in for days in this province!


How about this for changing my focus from carrots to carats? Dear hubby knows what I like, mainly because I buy it and then say thank-you! Works for us, and I never have to return a single gift! LOL

No comments: