Monday, April 11, 2011

Monday

Instead of doing the laundry, I have been lured into my office. I am getting used to my laptop, and am so very grateful to have access to the rest of the world while my desktop is awaiting a diagnosis from my dear son. From the symptoms, he has feeling that my BIOS is gone with the wind! Speaking of wind, did I mention we went for Chinese food last night?lol

I have wanted an ipad for awhile now, but my hope was to replace my netbook an laptop with it, not the desktop! I miss the big screen and the keyboard, so I think I will try to find a new one asap!

So far today, I have managed to get the bedding changed, and the garbage gathered. The laundry awaits attention, but I will be picking away at the pile throughout the day.Since there were plenty of veggies in the frig that needed to be used up, I made a spinach vegetable casserole for lunch/supper. The original recipe came from a vegetarian cookbook from the seventies...Recipes for a Small Planet. Basically, you chop up veggies into small bites, anything works, really. Today, I used carrots, mushrooms, onion, green pepper, red pepper, yellow pepper, celery and of course the spinach. The best dish to use, is a caste iron skillet, but mine is too small. Anyway, you just dump the chopped veggies in with fresh spinach into a bowl, then mix a couple of eggs with some cottage cheese and shredded cheese ( I used Tex Mex Kraft today) and mix it all together. The final step is trying to fit it all into an oven proof casserole dish or the caste iron pan! It can be piled as high as you can pile it, as it shrinks in the oven. It takes about an hour at 350ยบ Since I can't thicken it with flour, I used some instant mashed potatoes. Hope that works! I also put a bit of Greek seasoning into the mix, with the salt and pepper. If it turns out, it will be delish, and I will post a picture!

No comments: