Friday, May 13, 2011

Hello out there.....

we are home! Banff was a wonderful place to be in the spring...the air was clear...NOT. Seems that all the tree huggers like to burn them too, and the smoke in the air was choking at times! So much for clean mountain air! But the drinking water was amazing! Our room was the one right by the tree on the second floor. Since the hotel was right downtown, we were able to walk out at night and take advantage of a lot of good eatin'!

We were able to see our niece in Calgary on the way out, and on the way back? We made a quick stop at IKEA. I can hardly wait until one opens up here. The organizing items are the best. Well, the next best thing to getting rid of everything, that is!

Our stop in Regina was as good as it gets, with dinner at a Chinese restaurant that had fabulous food. Unfortunately due to language difficulties, I was given a spring roll that wasn't made out of rice flour - didn't really notice any change in symptoms from the self inflicted harm done by having fish and chips at my favourite pub in Banff! Okay, I admit it. I knew I would be sick, but it has been so long since I have had to deal with a massive amount of gluten in my system that I forgot how awful I feel when I eat the stuff. But, that is the way it goes. Live and learn...hopefully! I will be home fr the next couple of weeks, so I will be on the straight and narrow, and get my system back to normal.What a pain it is to go through though! Don't tell, but I really don't think I will ever do that again, willfully. It just isn't worth it.

No comments: