Thursday, October 6, 2011

Thursday's gone....

First thing this morning, I made a batch of bison cabbage rolls. Since the menu plan went the way of all good intentions, I was left with half a pound of bison after last night's meatball recipe.  So, as well as mixing in some rice,  I added some green and red peppers, onion and celery into fine dice (gotta love that Nicer Dicer!) and stretched that meat to make a head of savoy cabbage into cabbage rolls! Surprisingly, hubby was able to put away a whole one, to spite the tomatoes. Things are looking up!  So, now my totally overfilled refrigerator has to accommodate one more dish.  Supper tonight was a pork loin chop ( 1" thick, and more than enough for the two of us) hash browns and creamed corn.  Hubby had leftover mashed potatoes from last night, as he still favours soft foods over crispy brown ones!  Goody. More for me! I do love home made hash browns!  It boggles my mind why anyone would buy the frozen ones when they are so good if you make them from horror of horrors, a real potato or two!


So, that was my exciting day.   My To Do  list is growing longer and longer, but I felt a bit under the weather today, and just wanted to stick to the basics and hunker down at home. The weather has been unusually hot for this time of year, and maybe that is throwing me off my game. I should have known better than to put on our winter bedding!  Just like washing my car brings on the rain, a fluffy quilt brings on an Indian summer.


Ah well. I don't know what will happen tomorrow!  

No comments: