Monday, November 28, 2011

The wind is whistling around the house tonight....

but here I sit, all toasty warm, bundled up in my fluffy housecoat and cozy nightie!  I spent the better part of the night working on our 2012 budget, making lists and otherwise enjoying my private office time. Football is good for giving couples a little alone time, if nothing else! 

I am going to keep record of all of our expenses in  a little notebook this year . Doing it on the computer is not always as convenient as the tried and true method of having your life neatly written out in a little black book!  As I looked back over my expenses, I was shocked to see how much I spent on cosmetics, compared to what I spend on clothing.  Granted, it is a lot less than it used to be, but what I use in my real life is so simple,compared to what I buy to support my "fantasy life".  (You know, the one where you put on the full face to go to the grocery store?)  In reality, I routinely  use powder, blush, mascara, eyebrow pencil and lip gloss.   If I am really dressing up? Out comes the eye shadow and eye liner!  Spurred on by my simplified wardrobe, my quest is now to reduce the number of toiletries in my possession. When the man goes to Toronto this week, I will do a grand purge of my stash. 
Now here is a radical thought. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to fit all of my toiletries into one 'wash bag'?  I read that term in a novel once, and it struck me as being rather quaint that a person should keep their toiletries in a single bag.

Now? I see it as enviable, and dare I say doable? Time will tell.  Here is the bag I am thinking of using

....one of many I have purchased over the years, in search of the "perfect" solution.  Hmmm. It just may do the trick....

No comments: