Monday, January 16, 2012

Do you think cottage cheese a good substitute for cake?

In my world, the answer is a resounding YES!!!!

Tonight for dessert I served a lovely iced angel food cake to my guests, served with the prettiest, plumpest strawberries. I ate my berries with cottage cheese. I can honestly say that I think I got the better part of the dessert trolley!  MMM  MMMM good!  I sent the rest of the pretty little cake home with my guests.  It isn't the calories, it is the gluten that makes me quake in my boots. (and as you know, that is not all I would find in my boots if I put gluten into my system!)

Anyway, it was a lovely evening, and that happily ended with a lovely dessert...for all of us. I think my point is, that when everyone else is having a treat? I want one too.  And tonight? I  think found the perfect substitute for cake!

No comments: