Tuesday, July 10, 2012

So much to do, so little time....

This summer seems to be going by in a flash. My sorry little petunias have come into their own, and actually look quite nice in their pots. Will miracles never cease? Having black thumbs is quite the challenge, but there is a couple of plants that grow to spite my toxic attention!  The herbs are flourishing as well, and I have been afforded the luxury of using mint and basil in huge handfuls. I am going to try to keep these over the winter, since they are such a valuable addition to our meals.

So, today I have great plans to bake.  A batch of matrimonial squares (date squares in some circles) tops the list, because they will keep well through the weekend.  I will go grocery shopping tomorrow to pick up the odds and ends that I need to prepare our meals throughout the week. I am counting on the weather being good, and making most of our meat on the barbeque.  I want to spend as much time with the family as I can. Time goes so quickly and I am sure our little one has grown leaps and bounds since we saw them last.

It is nice to stay home in the air conditioning and attend to a lot of jobs I have been putting off for far too long.  I tackled the china cupboard in the kitchen last week, as well as cleaning out the pantry. Every register cover in the house has been cleaned, and every vent well vacuumed. Bit by bit, I am getting back on track after being "out of the saddle" for far too long!

There are a few purchases I have made in my life that I will never regret, and Tupperware ModularMates happens to be one of them. All I have to do is pull everything out and put them back like Lego blocks!  I can always find things easily without frustration. Yep. It they are good things!  Of course, using my label maker is just icing on the cake. 

Simplify, simplify, simplify - but always keeping in mind the words of Albert Einstein, “as simple as possible, but no simpler.”  

No comments: